Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Two weeks Till Move-In

**Excuse any spelling and grammar flubs...i have to get this out while Hud is asleep!**

We will officially living in the newly renovated house on Roberts in two weeks...actually less than two weeks. The time has flown by and we are tirelessly working to get everything done. Down to the wire, of course. Hudson doesn't have a prayer....his mom, dad and BOTH sets of grandparents are procrastinators and slow movers.

I want to show pictures of the house so so badly but I can't! It will ruin the before and after affect that I so enjoy but I am going to put up the paint colors that we have decided on. It's weird when I looked all of these up because some seem darker than they actually are (like the paint for the outside). I am 100% happy with how ALL of them turned out. I also bought my dream tub for the master-suite we are turning one of the 4 bedrooms into. This room is a work in progress and will not be quite ready for the move-in but soon!

Paint Colors: I love Behr from Home Depot. They have the new paint and primer in one and it is amazing. Just as good as Sherwin Williams or Benjamin Moore in my opinion.

For the Living Room and Hall we went with "Aged Beige" I loved that it didn't have any yellow in it and it flowed so beautifully into all the other rooms of the house


Kitchen and Current Bath: All Whites are NOT created equally. We went with "Ultra Pure White" from Behr. I wanted the kitchen to be as bright as possible and it is!!

For Hudson's Room, Guest Room and our Laundry Room we went with "Graceful Gray" by Behr. It actually does have some depth to it rather than just a boring gray. It's warm and soothing and I think Hudson and our guests will LOVE it.


For our Future Master Suite we went with "Dew Drop" by Behr.  It looks so beautiful in that room with all of the light from the two windows. So soothing and it will be so easy to decorate...I can't wait.


With that, I will go ahead and show you the tub I bought that will go in there against that color and under one of the windows:

For the Outside we did go with Benjamin Moore: "Coastal Fog"


We have two outside lights. One in the front and one on the side. I went with this light because our's is a ceiling light and I wanted it to go with the hardware on the shutters.


John Johnston and Spencer tiled our kitchen and laundry room floor:

What our shutter's look like before paint:

I think that is all I am going to show you for now. I dont' want to give too much away. I am saving our Master bedroom color for the after pics.

As you can see we went with pretty neutral cottage colors. Who says you can't make a brick ranch house a beechy cottage? :) I will tell you I am more pleased with this house than I thought I would be. The folks around the neighborhood seem to be really happy with how it is looking. Almost there!!

Love
L

No comments:

Post a Comment