Thursday, September 15, 2011

36 Days until Move-in!

Well we are really in the final days of apartment living...thank you LORD. I had a fleeting thought when we moved in "I'm kind of sad it's only for 6 months...it might be fun to be in an apartment again because a lot is done for you!." wrong wrong wrong. I will not bore you with all of the details but just know that I do everything I can to be away from this place during the day. I am so glad this house project took a lot of my time!

So much has happened since my last post! let's go down the check-list:
wood floors - redone and absolutely beautiful! Phillip Winstead (615-419-0420) did an amazing job. He is the sweetest man and went above and beyond. His price was unbeatable. He replaced boards (remember our floors are from the 50's and had horrible carpet on them) when he saw fit, he fixed room transitions. Just perfect. They are gleaming but also have so much character. I do not have a final pic of the floors yet so this is when they asked me what stain I wanted. I went with the "honey oak". It is a pretty natural looking stain that brings out the character of the floors.



windows - THEY ARE IN! What a difference windows make. Lowes did our windows and they did a great job...price was great too. They give a 10% off to veterans for ANY purchase so it was a fun way to honor dad.



kitchen- dry-wall up, cut-out...well cut-out, doorway widened and arched, mudded, sanded and contractors gone! All that is left is priming, painting and cabinets installed


Electrical- done done done! We have 5 can lights in the kitchen...for those of you who do not know the lingo, cans are recessed lighting. They installed smoke detectors in every room and disconnected the radiant heat that was in the walls.
Half Bath - the door to the half bath from Hud's room has been closed off and the opening is now going into the 4th bedroom (future master suite). The new door is hung.
Bedrooms - holes filled, mudded, sanded and ready for prime and paint (as of tonight a couple of the rooms will be painted)

We are almost there! the big things left:
kitchen floor (tile) - this weekend
cabinets - coming last weekend in September
molding
front door installed (waiting on it to come in)
closet organizers
landscaping
* Decorating (that is where I come in!)

I feel so good at where we are...I will be ready for company soon:)

1 comment:

  1. Yea! Hope to get to see the completed home (in person) one day. So excited for you and your little family! You are an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete