Thursday, August 4, 2011

Update

Phew!

What a fast July...why is life moving so fast all of a sudden. I want it to STOP.

We have had a LOT of visitors lately. Spencee's parents were here for two full weeks, we had a week off and now my parents are here. They come to help, but we also don't want them to work their fingers to the bone so there is a lot of just "talking" about what needs to be done to the house. We've also spent this month getting tons of quotes for things to be done; ie: windows, floors, central heat and air, electrical. Here is what we've decided thus far.

- We are going with C & M Heating and Cooling here in Franklin. Some of you don't give two flips, some of you might need to know these things when it comes time to do your own reno...so I will include all info.

- We are going with Lowe's for new windows. After MUCH calculating and the fact that my dad gets a veteran's discount at Lowes and Home Depot (thanks to his service!!) Lowes is the better price for the best product. I LOVE new windows...they make everything look so much better..can, not, wait!

- We haven't decided on electrical. We need electrical because our fuse box looks like it's straight out of the 50's...because it is. The wiring is actually up to date (thank the Lord) but they didn't replace the fuse box. We also need them to put smoke detectors, carbon monoxide detectors, an off switch for heating/cooling unit etc. Lots of misc. stuff we have to do.

- We have yet to decide about the kitchen. It will either be Home Depot or Ikea. There are lovers of Ikea and haters of Ikea. Please do not express that to me, unless you are a lover. I LOVE ikea. Yes some of their product is shotty and does not hold up but I know a lot of their kitchens are a great product. If it was only up to me, we'd go the Ikea route but there are others that need to way in, in my family so I will wait.
- Spencer has done an amazing job on our yard. The house sits on a half acre. You couldn't even see 1/4 of it because of all of the brush that had grown up around the creek part. Spencer got bit 1 million times by who knows what getting it looking great. I THANK HIM...I love him.

Demo has been started on the kitchen:



We are trying to decide the design for our kitchen. There are three. One has a cut-out where you can see the living room from the kitchen. I think that is the design we decided on. Here is a sneak peak of my men figuring out where the cut-out will be.

Other than that. We have ordered our new front door. It is a craftsmen style front door. It will be stained VERY dark...i can't wait! Here is what it looks like:

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE IKEA AND LOVE THE FRONT DOOR! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful front door!!! i always gravitate to the butchers block counters at ikea. nice dark wood. ahhhh. some day!

    ReplyDelete